Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I Lost My Wallet...

One of those things you hear of and never thought would happen to you... and it did... and like most people who lost their wallets, I actually still DO NOT KNOW how I lost it... but it's not in my purse when I returned home and the truth is that nobody has called me saying they found it... so it's LOST... and so began the journey of:
- calling all banks to block ALL MY CARDS (I am officially penniless till I get my repalcement cards, though I can still do internet banking)
- Going to the police to make an OFFICIAL report and getting the official LOST REPORT Certificates
- Getting the IDs replaced

The last of which was really not all that bad... and even going to the police station was NOT all that bad... but it is a hassle and one that caused me ONE sleepless night (identity theft, fraud... the worst case scenario)....

Today, I FINALLY got my driver's license replaced and can be behind the wheel again. That is SUCH A RELIEF.... I did not drive in my home country and has only been driving for 4+ years... still I felt really boxed in without legal permission to drive.. many a times I had harbored the thought of just driving out to get something with or without my driver's license... I didn't obviously since I am too much of a chicken to do something illegal...

I hope this little episode will come to an official close by the end of the week (when my replacement cards are supposed to have been couriered to me)... SIGH...



No comments: